So…you attended the Foundation Event, joined the Management Excellence Community (MEC), and now what? How do you stay engaged?
Why not participate in a monthly networking event – just for MEC members – in your local cafeteria? The Monthly MEC Mixer Monday (Mmmm) is being launched this month (September 2008), with 10 locations currently planned worldwide. The goal is simple: wherever you are in the world, on the last Monday of the month from 11:30am to 1:00pm, there is (or will be) a MEC Mixer nearby.
Current locations, and their sponsors, are as follows:
- Redmond Town Center, B5/3rd floor lounge – Christian Buckley and Scott Harris (MS employees can join the DL)
- Westlake Terry – Ryan Asdourian
- Building 37 – Donnell Baker
- Mississauga, Canada – Jordan Sheridan
- Cardinal Place, London – Gary Gilligan
- Building 42-44 cafeteria – Chris Pick
- Redwest – Michael Talbert and Gavin McMurdo
- Building 34/35 cafeteria – Brian dos Santos and Abel Cruz (join the DL)
- New York – Jason Dennie
- Dublin, Ireland – Ciaran Burns
- Millennium, MilE/1375 – Tiffany Yun
Another 5 sites are being proposed for October (Sammamish, Advanta, Germany, 50, and 25).
If you’re interested in attending one of these events, please contact the appropriate host to be added to the DL or meeting invite. And if you’re a MEC member and would like to help launch an event in your Microsoft building, please take a look at the event overview (available on MECweb under Make an Impact, Get Involved), or contact me directly (email@example.com).